This academic year we received £7,162 PE and Sports Premium Funding.
Sport Premium is a government funded payment aimed at improving and increasing the provision of PE in schools across the country. The amount of money paid is based on the number of pupils in the school and it is ring-fenced, meaning it has to be spent solely on PE.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that their school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, schools can use the funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change for Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools